We are spoiled for choice with so many gorgeous beaches on our doorstep.
Torrisdale Bay is a short walk from the castle and is a great place to spot seals and otters. The sea is crystal clear and wonderful for swimming if you are brave enough!
- Carradale Bay
- Carradale Bay is located just a few miles away from Torrisdale. Protected by Carradale Point to the east, the long sandy beach is ideal for sunbathing, swimming, watersports or simply a leisurely stroll to take in the view.
The point itself is a good scramble of a walk and worth bringing binoculars to spot a variety of wildlife, including seals and basking sharks.
- Torrisdale Bay
- Our local beach! Just a 10-15 minute walk from the estate, there are two options. The more public Torrisdale Beach which is long and pebbly or Port Bhan, belonging to the estate which is a bit more private.
- Saddell Beach
- Retrace the footsteps of Paul and Linda McCartney on Saddell Beach, the location for the famous Wings video ‘Mull of Kintyre’. Saddell Castle and the nearby Abbey offer further interest.
Saddell Beach also plays host to an Anthony Gormley sculpture, commemorating 50 years of the Landmark Trust who lease holiday properties there.
- Westport Beach
- A top destination for surfers, Westport Beach, with Machrihanish Dunes as its backdrop, is a beautiful, long beach also popular with beachcombers and walkers.
- Point Sands
- A long and sandy beach overlooking the Isle of Gigha, and accessed through a large caravan park with shop. This is a great spot to take in a unique Argyll sunset and also has stunning views over the islands of Jura and Islay.