Self-catering is all very well but a break from cooking dinner and lunches out is a wonderful part of any holiday.
We are very lucky to have several quality establishments just a few miles away in Carradale and even more choice further afield, including Campbeltown, Southend, Machrihanish and the west coast of Kintyre.
- The Ashbank Hotel
- This small, family run hotel will happily accommodate you for an evening meal although booking is advisable.
- 01583 431650
- The Carradale Hotel
- Good for bar lunches or evening meals.
- 01583 431223
- This delightful high quality bed and breakfast offers a wonderful fine dining experience. Booking essential.
- 01583 431119
- The Glen Bar and Restaurant
- Excellent bar meals all year round and open for coffees during the day. Local langoustine is a regular on the specials board. Free wifi available.
- 01583 431105
- The Network Cafe
- Located on the road to Carradale East, this is a great option for coffee or a light lunch. Delicious homebaking is always on offer.
- Seasonal opening.
- Amelias Bistro
- Great wee Polish cafe on Longrow. Great for a breakfast roll or tasty lunch.
- The Bluebell Cafe
- Lovely cafe on Hall Street, opposite the harbour. Fabulous home baking and delicious lunches.
- Closed on Mondays.
- The Royal Hotel
- A focal point on the harbour, this is a great option for lunch or dinner. Specials change regularly and their salads are legendary.
- 01586 810000
- The Muneroy Tearoom
- Legendary throughout Kintyre thanks to chef Francis’ jaw-droppingly amazing cakes which are baked fresh every day.
- Check facebook for tempting pictures.
- Booking recommended
- 01586 830221
- The Argyll hotel, Bellachantuy
- The perfect place to enjoy great food and amazing sunsets.
- 01583 421212
- Glenbarr Stores
- A wonderful destination – peruse the gorgeous garden centre, a great range of local produce and gifts in the shop and fantastic home cooked food in the cafe
- 01583 421200
- Skipness Seafood Cabin, Skipness
- Exquisite locally sourced seafood in the most rustically unique setting. Best saved for a sunny day but it’s warmth and charm shines through whatever the weather.
- Seasonal – May to September. Closed on Saturdays.
- The Tin Roof Diner, Sound of Kintyre
- Quality diner-style food, a quirky location and a great gift shop attached – the perfect place to stop! (Closed on Mondays).
- 01586 820278
- The Ugadale, Machrihanish
- Twinned with the Royal in Campbeltown, this is a great place to refuel after a round of golf or a blow along west port beach.
- 01586 810000